An equal world is an enabled world
International Women’s Day #IWD2020 is today, It’s a time to celebrate achievements of women and to call out continuing gender inequalities.
But #eachforequal is needed everyday. Each day this year (and beyond) we will strive to have more influence over the changes that are needed to create a more equal world for women and girls.
Through our work, we’re proud to help in giving women a voice in public policy and in supporting women to be involved in driving change.
Our team is more than 80% women and 2 of our 3 Directors are women. We’re each from diverse backgrounds, with varied skills and perspectives. We also work with the most passionate and respectful men who, each day, share in our drive for gender equality.
We are #eachforequal and collectively pledge to forge and enable a gender equal world everyday.through:
- Supporting and promoting equal education of women and girls
- Prioritising the inclusion of women in decision making and positions of influence
- Working on ways of ensuring more women have a say on issues that are important to them
- Acknowledging and helping to address the additional barriers and inequalities faced by many women of different cultural backgrounds, who have less financial means, who have a disability, or who live in regional and remote areas.
- Raise our boys and girls to have equal opportunity and equally respectful relationships.
Happy IWD2020 from The Social Deck team #eachforequal